AFCM Concert in the Park 2018
At Queens Gardens on 29th July 2018 at 3:00pm
Co-presented by Townsville City Council and the Australian Festival of Chamber Music, this hugely popular garden concert has become a firm favourite on the events calendar for locals and visitors alike.
Set in the beautiful Queens Gardens, this 90 minute concert provides audiences with a variety of entertainment – not all of it chamber music.
Guest artists from the Festival will join the stage with the Barrier Reef Orchestra, Townsville Guitar Orchestra and the 1RAR band, in this free outdoor concert, bringing the AFCM to the broader Townsville community.
Bring your picnic blankets and chairs and enjoy a truly delightful afternoon in the park.
- Cavatina – Theme from The Deerhunter (arr. Richard Charlton)
- Moorea (arr. Richard Charlton)
Karin Schaupp (guitar) and the Townsville Guitar Orchestra
GRIEG (arr. Jarle Storløkken)
- The Last Spring
- Les filles de Cadiz
Tine Thing Helseth (trumpet), Barrier Reef Orchestra
- Joshua fit de battle of Jericho (3.30) (arr. Roderick Williams)
Jerome KERN, Oscar HAMMERSTEIN
- Ol’ Man River ( from Showboat) (arr. Roderick Williams)
Roderick Williams (baritone), Barrier Reef Orchestra
- Crown Imperial
- Beatlecracker Suite
- 2 – March: When I’m 64
- 3 – Danse De La Fee: Can’t Buy Me Love
- 8 – Grand Pas De Deux: All My Loving
John WILLIAMS (arr: Paul Lavender)
- A Tribute to John Williams
- Untitled Fanfare
- Jupiter, The Bringer of Swing
DAVE BRUBECK (arr. Kris BERG)
- Blue Rondo a la Turk
Antonio CARLOS JOBIM (arr. Cam MCALLISTER)
- Waters of March
Arr Cam MCALLISTER
- Waltzing Matilda
A review of this concert can be viewed here.